Grout Sealer MSDS
AQUA MIX GROUT SEALER is a water-based sealer that resists water, oil, and acid-based contaminants. Simplifies maintenance and does not change the appearance of the grout. Allows moisture vapor transmission.
Aqua Mix No VOC (Volatile Organic Compound Formulas) help provide better indoor and outdoor air quality compared to similar traditional products.
Cementitious sanded and unsanded porous grout joints for ceramic tile installations.
Effective for interior and exterior applications.
EXPECTED WEAR UP TO 5 YEARS:
Will vary depending on hardness and texture of surface, type of area, surface wear, frequency, and type of maintenance products used.
Weather conditions, harsh cleaning methods, and high-alkaline, acidic, or solvent-based cleaners will affect wear.
1) Read entire label before using.
2) For new installations, sealer can be applied as soon as 48 hours after grouting.
3) Grout joints must be clean, dry, and free of existing sealers or coatings.
4) Apply using a soft-bristle paintbrush or sponge paint applicator. NOTE: Be sure any sealer that does not penetrate surface is removed from surface within 5 minutes of each application using absorbent paper or cotton towels.
5) If 2 or more coats are applied, allow a minimum of 30 minutes drying time between coats.
6) After 2 hours conduct a test to determine if surface is completely sealed by applying water droplets to the surface. If water is absorbed, apply an additional coat. Wait 2 hours and repeat the test.
7) Ready for surface traffic in 2 hours after final coat. Keep area dry for 12 hours. Achieves a full cure in 24 hours.
8) Clean applicator tools with water after each use.
9) May be reapplied as needed to grout joints that are clean.
Concentrated Stone & Tile Cleaner, or
AquaKleenTM is recommended for routine spray and wipe cleaning.NOTES:
Do not allow sealer to dry on tile surface because a residue will be visible. If this occurs, use Aqua Mix Poultice Stain Remover mixed with water into a wet slurry and scrub with a nylon pad.
Sealers will not prevent surface wear or etching from acids or caustic chemicals.
COVERAGE: Approximately 400 to 1,200 sq. ft. (37 m2 to 112 m2) per coat per gallon (3.8 L), depending on size and porosity of grout joint, temperature, humidity, and method of application.LEED Information: Aqua Mix LEED Contribution Product