AquaMix Sealers Choice Gold MSDS
AQUA MIX SEALER'S CHOICE® GOLD is a premium, no-sheen, natural-look, Low VOC, water-based, penetrating sealer formulated to provide maximum stain protection, especially in food preparation and serving areas. May also be used as a pre-grouting sealer. Allows moisture vapor transmission. It is also an excellent grout sealer. The NEW Rapid Cure Formula protects in less than 4 hours and is designed to achieve optimal penetration into dense, low-porosity surfaces.
Aqua Mix Low VOC (Volatile Organic Compound) formulas help provide better indoor and outdoor air quality compared to similar traditional products. 47 grams of VOC's per liter of material.
All natural stone (such as marble, granite, slate, travertine, and limestone), porcelain, quarry, Saltillo, terra cotta, cement pavers, masonry surfaces, and other porous tile and grout where a natural look is desired.
Effective for interior and exterior applications.<
EXPECTED WEAR UP TO 15 YEARS:
Will vary depending on hardness and texture of surface, type of area, surface wear, frequency, and type of maintenance products used.
Weather conditions, harsh cleaning methods, and high-alkaline, acidic, or solvent-based cleaners will affect wear.
1) Read entire label before using.
2) For new installations, sealer can be applied as soon as 48 hours after grouting.
3) Surface must be clean, dry, and free of existing sealers or coatings.
4) Apply using a sponge, brush, paint pad, cotton towel, or sprayer. NOTE: Be sure any sealer that does not penetrate surface is removed from surface within 5 minutes of each application using absorbent paper or cotton towels.
5) If 2 or more coats are applied, allow a minimum of 30 minutes drying time between coats.
6) 2 hours after final coat conduct a test to determine if surface is completely sealed by applying water droplets to the surface. If water is absorbed, apply an additional coat. Wait 2 hours and repeat the test.
7) Ready for surface traffic in 2 hours after final coat. Keep area dry for 12 hours. Achieves a full cure in 24 hours.
8) Clean applicator tools with water after each use.
PRE-GROUTING APPLICATION: Apply over clean stone or tile a minimum of 2 hours prior to grouting - follow application procedures above.
Concentrated Stone & Tile Cleaner or
AquaKleen is recommended for routine spray and wipe cleaning. NOTES:
May slightly lighten or darken some surfaces.
Sealer will not prevent surface wear or etching from acids or caustic chemicals.
COVERAGE: Approximately 300 - 1,500 sq. ft. (30 m2 - 139 m2) per coat per gallon (3.8 L), depending on type of stone, tile, porosity and texture of surface, temperature, humidity, and method of application.LEED Information: Aqua Mix LEED Contribution Product