A no-sheen, natural-look penetrating water-based sealer designed to resist stains on natural stone, unglazed tile, clay pavers and more. Aqua Mix Penetrating Sealer in a 1-gallon jug is useful to protect masonry or brick and concrete outdoors as well as grouted porcelain tile flooring indoors. Penetrating Sealer may also be used as a pre-grouting sealer which makes removing excess grout from porous tiled surfaces easier after grouting is complete. Allows moisture vapor transmission. This safe, water-based formula is economical for covering large surface area in a one-gallon container and is also available in 1-quart size for smaller projects.
Use Aqua Mix Penetrating Sealer as a sealant or grout release on all natural stone surfaces, unglazed tile, porcelain, clay pavers, concrete, brick, masonry, and grout. For interior and exterior use.
Contains no VOCs to help provide better indoor and outdoor air quality compared to similar traditional products. Expected wear is up to five years but this varies greatly depending on the hardness and texture of the surface, the type of area, surface wear, frequency of stone surface cleaning and maintenance products used. Weather conditions, harsh cleaning methods, and high-alkaline, acidic, or solvent-based cleaners will affect wear of this penetring, no-sheen sealant.
Safety Data Sheet: Aqua Mix Penetrating Sealer SDS
Technical Data Sheet: Aqua Mix Penetrating Sealer InformationCOVERAGE:
Approximately 300 to 1,000 square feet per gallon (each coat), depending on type of stone or tile, porosity and texture of surface, temperature, humidity and method of application.
Aqua Mix Penetrating Sealer Instructions:
1) Read entire label before using.
2) For new installations, sealer can be applied as soon as 48 hours after grouting.
3) Surface must be clean, dry, and free of existing sealers or coatings.
4) Apply using a sponge, brush, paint pad, cotton towel, or sprayer. NOTE: Be sure any sealer that does not penetrate surface is polished dry off surface within 5 minutes of each application using absorbent paper or cotton towels.
5) If 2 or more coats are applied, allow a minimum of 30 minutes drying time between coats.
6) 2 hours after final coat conduct a test to determine if surface is completely sealed by applying water droplets to the surface. If water is absorbed, apply an additional coat. Wait 2 hours and repeat the test.
7) Ready for surface traffic in 2 hours after final coat. Keep area dry for at least 12 hours. Achieves a full cure in 24 hours.
8) Clean applicator tools with water after each use.
FOR PRE-GROUTING APPLICATION: Apply over clean stone or tile a minimum of 2 hours prior to grouting - follow application procedures above.
- If product is allowed to dry on surface, a white film may form.
- If this occurs, scrub surface with water and a white nylon pad.
- Sealer will not prevent surface wear or etching from acids or caustic chemicals.
- Note: Aqua Mix Ultra-Solv™ or Sealer's Choice™ Gold are recommended in place of Penetrating Sealer in food preparation areas or where maximum stain protection is required.
LEED Information: Aqua Mix LEED Contribution Product