Penetrating Sealer MSDS
AQUA MIX PENETRATING SEALER is an economical, no-sheen, natural-look, water-based, penetrating sealer designed to resist stains. May also be used as a pre-grouting sealer. Allows moisture vapor transmission. It is also a good grout sealer.
Aqua Mix No VOC (Volatile Organic Compound Formulas) help provide better indoor and outdoor air quality compared to similar traditional products.
All natural stone (such as granite, limestone, marble, slate, and travertine.), porcelain, quarry, saltillo, terra cotta, cement pavers, masonry surfaces, and other porous tile and grout where a natural look is desired.
Effective for interior and exterior applications.
EXPECTED WEAR UP TO 5 YEARS:
Will vary depending on hardness and texture of surface, type of area, surface wear, frequency, and type of maintenance products used.
Weather conditions, harsh cleaning methods, and high-alkaline, acidic, or solvent-based cleaners will affect wear.
1) Read entire label before using.
2) For new installations, sealer can be applied as soon as 48 hours after grouting.
3) Surface must be clean, dry, and free of existing sealers or coatings.
4) Apply using a sponge, brush, paint pad, cotton towel, or sprayer. NOTE: Be sure any sealer that does not penetrate surface is polished dry off surface within 5 minutes of each application using absorbent paper or cotton towels.
5) If 2 or more coats are applied, allow a minimum of 30 minutes drying time between coats.
6) 2 hours after final coat conduct a test to determine if surface is completely sealed by applying water droplets to the surface. If water is absorbed, apply an additional coat. Wait 2 hours and repeat the test.
7) Ready for surface traffic in 2 hours after final coat. Keep area dry for at least 12 hours. Achieves a full cure in 24 hours.
8) Clean applicator tools with water after each use.
FOR PRE-GROUTING APPLICATION: Apply over clean stone or tile a minimum of 2 hours prior to grouting - follow application procedures above.
Concentrated Stone & Tile Cleaner, or
AquaKleenTM is recommended for routine spray and wipe cleaning.NOTES:
If product is allowed to dry on surface, a white film may form.
If this occurs, scrub surface with water and a white nylon pad.
Sealer will not prevent surface wear or etching from acids or caustic chemicals.
Note: Aqua Mix Ultra-Solv™ or Sealer's Choice™ Gold are recommended in place of Penetrating Sealer in food preparation areas or where maximum stain protection is required.
COVERAGE: Approximately 300 to 1,000 sq. ft. (30 m2 to 95 m2) per coat per gallon (3.8 L), depending on type of stone or tile, porosity and texture of surface, temperature, humidity, and method of application.LEED Information: Aqua Mix LEED Contribution Product