Packed with gentle cleaning agents, like emollients that have been extracted from soy beans and coconut oils, the high-quality WOCA Soap Natural is a great and safe option for cleaning oiled wood floors. Designed for regular maintenance, this hardwood floor care essential not only cleans and nourishes oiled floors but also leaves behind a protective film that makes future cleanings quick and easy. Be sure to sweep and vacuum the floor prior to using WOCA Soap.
Mix WOCA Soap and warm water in a solution of 1:40 - 3 ounces of soap per gallon of water. Increase solution up to 1:20 - 6 ounces soap per gallon water when floors are exceptionally dirty except with white oak floors. Maximum dilution for white oak is 1:40.
- Set up a bucket with diluted soap solution and a second bucket with warm rinse water.
- Floor should be cleaned with a minimum amount of water so dip a clean swep mop in the soap solution and wring the mop. Spread the solution across a 5-foot by 8-foot section of flooring. Allow the solution set for a few minutes to lift dirt then mop the damp area. Scrub with a dish scrubbing brush as needed for tough spots.
- Dip the mop in the rinse water bucket. Wring the mop head as thoroughly dry as possible and remove dirty soap solution from mopped area of floor. Rinse and wring out mop again.
- Repeat the process until the entire floor has been cleaned.
- Floor should be dry within 5 to 15 minutes.
- To reduce haze, put a cotton cloth under a dust mop and quickly polish.