Low-glare flooring finish for crumb or recycled rubber flooring. Excelsior Performance Matte floor finish, 1-Gallon, provides a durable, highly chemical resistant finish that won't create unsightly buildup and is safe for use on sensitive flooring materials. PMF-970 is infused with Intersept® antimicrobial preservative to protect the floor against a broad spectrum of bacteria and fungi, including those that cause odors and stains.
Excelsior PMF-970 Performance Matte Finish is an excellent solution for providing a natural looking finish on resilient flooring, specifically intended for use on recycled or crumb rubber flooring. PMF970 is biodegradable, has low VOCs, and the Intersept antimicrobial additive meets stringent EPA certification standards.
One gallon of finish covers 2500 - 3000 square feet and provides a matte finish on crumb/recycled rubber flooring.
- Slip Resistance Coefficient is 0.57
- Initial application - 3 to 4 coats
- Subsequent applications - 1 to 2 coats
- Cure times - minimum 30-minutes between coats; 1-hour for light foot traffic; 24-hours for heavy foot traffic and furniture/equipment.
- Safety Data Sheet: Excelsior PMF-970 Performance Matte Finish
Flooring Substrate Preparation, Initial Application:
Remove all layers of previously applied wax finish with Excelsior FR-920 or PR-930 Performance Finish Remover, in accordance with flooring material instructions based on the type of flooring. Rinse floor thoroughly after finish removal to ensure no contamination that may inhibit the finish bond or affect the appearance of the finished appearance of the floor. Floor must be completely clean and dry before applying finish.
Finish Application - Initial & Re-Coat:
- Sweep, dust mop and/or vacuum to remove dirt, dust and debris from flooring surface. For motorized cleaning equipment, ensure it is free of beater bar or hard bottom surface that might come in contact with, and damage, the floor.
- Apply finish with a microfiber mop pad or clean string mop - apply 3-4 thin, even coats of GF-950 floor finish for initial coating or 1-2 coats for recoating the floor. Allow finish to dry 30 minutes or longer between coats. Ensure first coat is completely dry and hardened prior to apply subsequent coatings.
- Allow a minimum of 1 hour after final coat before allowing light foot traffic. Do not use forced air, such as air movers or fans, for faster drying, as this could affect finish quality.
- Let finish cure for 24 hours prior to heavy use and before placing heavy furniture on the floor. In situations with higher than normal humidity, additional cure time will be required.
Follow these Steps to Protect the Finished Floor:
- Use Masonite or similar to cover the flooring during furniture and equipment moves. Use moving aids - furniture dollies, hand trucks with soft wheels and moving slides. Never drag anything heavy across the floor.
- Furniture casters that will reside on the finished hard-surface floor must be made of a soft caster material. In addition, chairs with rolling casters, must be on a chair pad where the rolling chairs are in use.
- All furniture casters and legs must have a contact point of at least 1-inch in diameter and be sized appropriately for each item. Soft rubber or felt furniture floor protector pad must be applied to all contract points of chairs, tables and other items that move to reduce indentation in floor finish and minimize scuffs and scratches on the floor.
- Walk-off door mats are to be placed at all outside entrances to prevent moisture, dirt and debris from entering the building. Ensure doormats have non-staining backs.