Extended-wear gloss acrylic floor finish for commercial applications of vinyl & rubber resilient flooring. Durable GF-950 Gloss Finish, 1-gallon, has excellent durability, is highly resistant to chemicals and won't create unsightly buildup. Excelsior GF950 Gloss Acrylic Finish is biodegradable, has low VOCs, and is infused with Intersept® antimicrobial preservative that protects floors against a broad spectrum of bacteria and fungi, including those that are odor and stain-causing. Intersept is registered with the EPA and meets stringent certification standards.
Use Excelsior GF950 on VCT, LVT, Solid Vinyl Tile, Quartz Tile, Rubber and most other resilient types of flooring material. Sheen level is Gloss. Excellent Clarity.
- Low VOCs
- Extended Wear
- High Chemical Resistance
- Coverage: 2500 - 3000 square feet per gallon
- Slip Resistance Coefficient: 0.57
- Initial Application: 3 - 4 coats
- Re-coating: 1 - 2 coats
- Dry Time Guide: Minimum 30 minutes between coats; Light foot traffic after 1 hour; Heavy foot traffic and furniture placement after 24 hours
- Safety Data Sheet - Excelsior GF-950 Gloss Acrylic Finish
To Prepare Flooring Substrate for Initial Application:
Remove all previous site-applied wax finish with Excelsior FR-920 Finish Remover or PR-930 Performance Finish Remover. Select the appropriate floor finish remover solution based on the type of flooring. Thoroughly rinse the floor following finish removal so there is no visible evidence of contamination with a chemical or substance that may inhibit the bond or affect the appearance of the flooring or finish. Floor must be completely dry prior to applying finish.
- Sweep, dust mop and/or vacuum to remove dirt, dust and debris from flooring surface. For motorized cleaning equipment, ensure it is free of beater bar or hard bottom surface that might come in contact with, and damage, the floor.
- With a microfiber mop pad or clean string mop, apply 3-4 thin, even coats of GF-950 floor finish at the prescribed spread rate for initial coating or 1-2 coats for re-coating the floor. Allow finish to dry 30 minutes or longer between coats and at least 1 hour after final coat before allowing light foot traffic. Do not use forced air, such as air movers or fans, for faster drying, as this could affect finish quality. Ensure first coat is completely dry and hardened prior to apply subsequent coatings. Allow finish to cure for 24 hours prior to heavy use and before placing heavy furniture on the floor. In situations with higher than normal humidity, additional cure time will be required.
To Protect Floor After Finish is Applied:During furniture and equipment moves, use Masonite or similar to cover the flooring so floor material and finish are protected. Use moving aids such as furniture dollies or moving slides and never drag anything heavy across the floor.
Furniture casters that will sit on the finished hard-surface floor must be made of a soft material. For castered chairs, a chair pad must be placed over the finished floor where the rolling chairs are in use and soft casters must be on the chairs.
All furniture casters and legs must have a contact point of at least 1-inch in diameter and be appropriately sized to the furniture item. Use soft rubber or felt furniture floor protectors on all moving furniture items, such as chairs, to minimize scuffs and scratches.
Walk-off door mats are to be placed at all outside entrances to catch moisture, dirt and debris. Ensure mats have non-staining backs.