Armstrong Flooring S-515 Tile Strong Adhesive, in a 4-Gallon pail, is a clear thin spread adhesive with excellent initial grab and resistant to moisture and alkali. Suitable for concrete slabs up to 95%RH. Trowel application. Trowel specifications and other products information in the Armstrong S-515 Tile Strong Adhesive Product Data Sheet
. Safety data is shown on the Armstrong Flooring S-515 Safety Data Sheet
- Water-based latex resin flooring adhesive
- Dries clear. Chalk lines will show through for VCT installation.
- Zero VOC content.
- Coverage: 285 - 335 sf/gal
- Open Time: Dry to touch, approx 30 minutes.
- Working time is dependent upon job conditions, substrates, temperature, and humidity. Typically up to 24 hours.
- Freeze-Thaw Stable: to 10°F (-12°C).
- CACL MVER Limit: 7 lbs/1000 sq.ft. (5 lbs/1000 sq.ft. for Res Dry Back Tile)
- RH% Limit: 95
- Allowable PH Range: 5-11; or 5-9 for Res Dry Back Tile
Use S-515 Tile Strong Adhesive is appropriate for Armstrong Flooring- RAVE; Crown Texture; Imperial Texture; MultiColor; Stonetex; Companion Square; ChromaSpin; Raffia; Feature Tile/Strips; SAFETY ZONE; Urethane No-Wax (Dry Back); Vinyl No-Wax (Dry Back); and with VCT and Safety Zone over high moisture concrete slabs.
Substrates: All grade levels of concrete, ceramic, terrazzo, marble and polymeric poured floors; suspended wood; wherever Tile-On Installation System is approved; over "cutback" adhesive residue that is smooth with no ridges or puddles; on properly mixed and applied powder underlayment and embossing levelers; on primed, poured-in-place gypsum subfloors; and over radiant-heated subfloors where the surface temperature does not exceed 85°F (29°C).
Armstrong S-515 Tile Strong adhesive has a shelf life of 1 year if not opened.
Armstrong S-515 Tile Strong is also available in a smaller 1-Gallon