Armstrong S-515 Tile Strong Adhesive, 1-Gallon, is a water-based latex resin flooring adhesive that dries clear to allow chalk lines to show through. Moisture & alkali resistant. Suitable for concrete slabs up to 95%RH. Use S-515 for installing Armstrong VCT floors. Zero VOC content. Apply S515 with trowel. Read trowel and other products specs in the Armstrong S-515 Tile Strong Data Sheet
. Product safety information is on the Armstrong S-515 SDS
- Excellent initial grab.
- Clear Thin Spread Adhesive
- Available in 1-gal & 4-gallon size.
- Spread rate is 285-335 sq. ft./gal.
- Open time is dry to touch; 30 minutes +/-
- Working time, up to 24 hours, will vary based upon job conditions, substrates, temperature, and humidity.
- Freeze-Thaw Stable as low as 10°F (-12°C).
- CACL MVER Limit: 7 lbs/1000 sq.ft. (5 lbs/1000 sq.ft. for Res Dry Back Tile)
- RH% Limit: 95
- Allowable PH Range: 5 - 11; or 5 - 9 for Res Dry Back Tile
Use S-515 Tile Strong Adhesive with these Armstrong flooring products: RAVE; Crown Texture; Imperial Texture; MultiColor; Stonetex; Companion Square; ChromaSpin; Raffia; Feature Tile/Strips; SAFETY ZONE; Urethane No-Wax (Dry Back); Vinyl No-Wax (Dry Back); and with VCT and Safety Zone over high moisture concrete slabs.
Armstrong S515 is effective on all grade levels of concrete, ceramic, terrazzo, marble and polymeric poured floors; suspended wood; wherever Tile-On Installation System is approved; over "cutback" adhesive residue that is smooth with no ridges or puddles; on properly mixed and applied powder underlayment and embossing levelers; on primed, poured-in-place gypsum subfloors; and over radiant-heated subfloors where the surface temperature does not exceed 85°F (29°C).
Armstrong S-515 Tile Strong adhesive has a shelf life of 1 year if not opened.