Armstrong S-288 Flooring Adhesive, 1-Quart, is a water-based rubber resin, full spread adhesive that performs well on substrates with higher moisture and alkali readings between 5-9 pH. Strong initial grab and permanent bond on porous and non-porous substrates. Use for installing a wide range of Armstrong Commercial and Residential LVT, Sheet Vinyl, Engineered Tile and Rigid Core floors including: Armstrong CushionStep Vinyl Sheet, StrataMax, Natural Living, Natural Personality, Alterna Engineered Tile, Natural Creations Commercial LVT, Fiberglass-Reinforced Sheet Flooring, ToughGuard II, Residential LVT Planks, Rigid Core Planks. Trowel applicatiion. Trowel notch size will depend upon the flooring material being installed and coverage will range, based upon trowel notch size, for fine notch coverage: 220-260 sq ft/gallon; u-notch coverage: 250-300 sq ft/gallon. See Armstrong S288 Product Spec Sheet
for additional trowel notch size and other details. Also for sale in a 1-gallon
and a 4-gallon pail
Armstrong Flooring S288 adhesive is nonflammable, ammonia-free & low odor; contains low or no organic solvents, contains no reportable hazardous substance (per current regulations). S-288 is freeze-thaw stable to 10°F (-12°C). For full safety information, reference Armstrong S-288 SDS.Use Information for Armstrong S-288 Flooring Adhesive:
- Appropriate Substrates: All grade levels of concrete, existing resilient floors, ceramic, terrazzo, marble, steel, stainless steel, aluminum, polymeric poured floors and suspended wood.
- Moisture Readings: CACL MVER Limit 5lbs/1000sf for vinyl sheet; 8lbs/1000sf for LVT; 90% RH for vinyl sheet; 95% RH for LVT.
- Open Time: Porous substrate- set in wet: min 10-20 minutes; Nonporous substrate- dry to touch: 30 minutes or more.
- Working Time: Up to 1-hour dependent upon job conditions, substrate, temperature and humidity.
- Clean Up: Wet- neutral detergent and water; Dry- mineral spirits.
- Shelf Life: 2 years unopened.