Armstrong Flooring S-288 Adhesive,1-Gallon, for installing a wide range of Armstrong Commercial and Residential LVT and Vinyl Sheet floors. Water-based rubber resin adhesive, resistant to moisture and alkalinity. Floor is ready for use immediately following installation. Quick grab. Strong hold. Full spread. Excellent bond on porous and non-porous substrates. Apply with trowel. Notch size will depend upon the flooring material being installed. Adhesive coverage will range, based upon trowel notch size. See Armstrong S288 Product Information Sheet
for more specifics on trowels and other details about S-288 adhesive. Armstrong Flooring S288 adhesive is nonflammable, ammonia-free & low odor; contains low or no organic solvents, contains no reportable hazardous substance (per current regulations). For full safety information, reference Armstrong S-288 SDS.Use Information for Armstrong S-288 Flooring Adhesive:
- Appropriate Substrates: All grade levels of concrete, existing resilient floors, ceramic, terrazzo, marble, steel, stainless steel, aluminum, polymeric poured floors and suspended wood.
- Armstrong Flooring Materials: CushionStep Vinyl Sheet, StrataMax, Natural Living, Natural Personality, Alterna Engineered Tile, Natural Creations Commercial LVT, Fiberglass-Reinforced Sheet Flooring, ToughGuard II, Residential LVT Planks, Rigid Core Planks.
- Moisture Readings: CACL MVER Limit 5lbs/1000sf for vinyl sheet; 8lbs/1000sf for LVT; 90% RH for vinyl sheet; 95% RH for LVT.
- Coverage: With fine notch trowel: 220-260 sq ft/gallon; With u-notch trowel: 250-300 sq ft/gallon.
- Open Time: Porous substrate- set in wet: min 10-20 minutes; Nonporous substrate- dry to touch: 30 minutes or more.
- Working Time: Up to 1-hour dependent upon job conditions, substrate, temperature and humidity.
- Clean Up: Wet- neutral detergent and water; Dry- mineral spirits.
- Shelf Life: 2 years unopened.
- Freeze-thaw stable to 10°F (-12°C).
- S-288 Flooring Adhesive is also available in a smaller 1-quart size and a larger 4-gallon size.