WOCA White Lye can be used when you want wood to have a whitewashed appearance on wood flooring. Use WOCA Wood Lye to pretreat newly sanded or unfinished interior woodwork such as wood floors, wood furniture, wood stairs and wood panels before applying a Woca Oil to the wood surface. Priming the wood prevents it from yellowing and will enhance the grain of the wood, creating the white wash effect. WOCA wood lye is non-corrosive, and can be used on all types of wood.
Woca Wood Lye SDS
Woca Wood Lye Information SheetWOCA Wood Lye Treatment Instructions:
- Sand, clean and dry the wood floor.
- Stir the lye to break up the color pigments and shake well before and during use.
- Wear protective gloves and eyewear, and if skin or eyes come into contact with the wood lye, wash with soap and warm water.
- Do not apply lye across the wood grain. This will cause streaks due to the pigments in the mix. Any streaks must be removed before the oiling process.
- Use at least 1 liter of lye for every 100 square feet of flooring.
- Pour a small amount of lye into a paint tray or a useable container.
- With a nylon brush or roller, apply the wood lye in even layers along the wood grain. Continue until the floor is completely coated.
- Clean work tools with water.
- Allow the floor to dry for at least 8 hours at 70 degrees.
The lye treated floor can now be finished with WOCA oil products. It does not need to be prepped with wood cleaner before applying the oil.