Woca Intensive Wood Cleaner is specifically for use to prepare oil treated hardwood flooring for oiling or re-soaping. Woca Wood Cleaner removes all oil and soap from the wood to allow maximum absorption during the oiling process for a naturally healthy & water resistant oil treated wood floor. Use the 2.5-liter Woca (Intensive) Wood Cleaner to prepare more than 3000 square feet of wood flooring and up to 7500 sf per bottle of cleaner. Be sure to evenly clean with Woca Wood Cleaner because an area that is not cleaned well may be slick. Allow the floor to dry fully before applying oil, maintenance gel or wood soap, 2 to 8 hours, depending upon air circulation, humidity and temperature.
Woca (Intensive) Wood Cleaner removes old soap residue, grease and dirt to effectively prepare the floor for treatment with wood oil. Indoor use. Product label is Woca 'Wood Cleaner' or 'Intensive Wood Cleaner'. These are the same product to prepare wood flooring for oil treatment. Woca recommends
a 2-bucket system and a high quality loop-end string mop, such as Woca Swep Mop,
which will not fray during use. Do not use microfiber mops.
- Dilution: 1:20 to 1:40
- Dry Time: 2-8 hours at +68°F, depending on surface.
- Shelf Life: 3 years
- Application Temperature: 59-86°F
- Coverage: over 3,000 to 7,500 square feet per 2.5 liter container
- Safety Data Sheet for Woca (Intensive) Wood Cleaner
- Technical Information Sheet for Woca (Intensive) Wood Cleaner
- Application Time: Approx 1,500 square feet per 1 hour. Using 2 or 3 mops on larger floors will speed up the cleaning process.
With diluted cleaning solution and clean water, in your 2 mop bucket setup, dip mop into cleaning solution and wring until damp. Mop floor then let cleaning solution dwell for 5 minutes. Wipe down with clean rinse water. Repeat process, working in one small area at a time, until entire floor area is cleaned. Use a hand-held pad or a machine if needed to for heavy soiling. Dry excess wood cleaner or water from the floor with a cloth or mop as you go. Repeat wash cycle as needed for heavy dirt. Rinse mop head very well after each time you mop the floor. Change cleaning solution and rinse water when dirty or if there is not enough liquid in bucket to fully immerse mop head. This is especially important when cleaning dark wood species. As with any floor treatment, test on an inconspicuous floor area to ensure compatibility and that desired results can be achieved. Let the floor surface dry completely before applying oil, maintenance gel or wood soap.
With Merbau, Brazilian Cherry, Walnut and other dark species and White Oak scrub the wood as you would a very dirty vinyl floor, with lots of 'elbow grease'. For the dark wood species, repeat the wood cleaning prep process a second time to ensure that the floating color pigments are cleaned from the wood.
- Dilution ratio in ounces and gallons:
- 2-Gal Warm Water : 6.4-Oz to 12.8-Oz Wood Cleaner
- 3-Gal Warm Water : 9.6-Oz to 19.2-Oz Wood Cleaner
- 4-Gal Warm Water : 12.8-Oz to 25.6-Oz Wood Cleaner
- general measuring guide:
- 6.4oz = just over 3/4 Cup
- 9.6oz = just under 1-1/4 Cups
- 12.8oz = just over 1-1/2 Cups
- Ratio in milliliters and liters:
- 2.5-L Warm Water : 62.5-Ml to 125-Ml Wood Cleaner
- 5-L Warm Water : 125-Ml to 250-Ml Wood Cleaner