Hilway Direct Plus Matte
has a natural low-glare finish to highlight the natural appearance of wood or stone look flooring with the capability to be used as a cleaner maintainer to increase time between strip and refinish procedures. Low luster PLUS MATTE minimizes the appearance of scuffs and scratches that tend to show up more on high-gloss flooring and is essential to reduce scratches that occur from daily traffic. When Hilway Direct Plus Matte is used diluted to clean the floor, with a mop & bucket or in an autoscrub maintenance program, the finish is rejuvenated with each cleaning therby extending the life of the flooring finish without the need to shut down the space for an extended time and allowing the facility owner to get back to work on the cleaned, refreshed floor more quickly. Hilway Direct Plus Matte Finish-Cleaner/Maintainer and Hilway Direct Matte Floor Finish both deliver a true matte sheen, lowest available in North America.
Safety Data Sheet: Hilway Direct Plus Matte Floor Finish & Cleaner/Maintainer SDS
How to use Hilway Direct PLUS MATTE:
Applying Initial floor finish:
- Use PLUS MATTE on sheet vinyl, LVT, VCT, rubber, linoleum, non-PVC floors, cork, marble, terrazzo, slate, concrete, quarry tile, and asphalt tile.
- Coverage: 350 to 500 sq ft per 1-liter (33.8 ounces) for initial application. Coverage rate may vary depending on porosity of flooring and site condition.
- Excellent wear and scuff resistance
- Very low gloss level minimizes appearance of scratches
- No yellowing
- Larger size: 1.33-gallon container
Directions for cleaning/maintaining:
- Sweep to lift dirt and debris. Damp mop to completely remove dust and small dirt particles. Clean floor with Hilway Direct Neutral Cleaner or Allsafe Stripper, diluted per label directions, or use cleaning product recommended by flooring manufacturer. Rinse after cleaning to ensure removal of all cleaning solution and dirt.
- If there is a factory or site-applied acrylic coating on the floor, remove it following flooring manufacturer's directions or with Hilway Direct Allsafe Stripper diluted 1:5 or 1:10 with clean water, or by use of the flooring manufacturer's recommended finish remover diluted as directed. Use an auto scrubber or low rpm swing machine with a red scrub pad or equivalent for the finish removal process. Thoroughly rinse floor with clean water to neutralize after removing old coating. Do not let stripper solution dry on floor.
- Shake product vigorously for 30 seconds then let it settle for 5 minutes. Apply undiluted in a thin, even coat using a microfiber applicator mop. Do not use treated dust mops.
- Apply 2-3 coats. Allow each coat to air dry completely (generally 30- 60 minutes) before applying next coat.
- Allow floor surface to cure overnight before heavy traffic use. Dry times will vary depending upon ambient temperature and humidity.
Not intended for use in a spray-buff program. For spray buff flooring maintenance, the best option may be Hilway Direct Plus or Plus GLOSS.Free shipping for this item via USPS or when included with other floor care products in an order.
- Dilute 1 ounce maintenance solution per 1 gallon warm water.
- Completely mop floor with a 2-bucket mopping system or an auto scrub floor machine.
- Pick up soil and excess solution with a clean, tightly wrung out mop or trail mop excess wet areas behind scrubber.
- Allow floor to air dry completely. DO NOT RINSE.