For lasting brilliance and luster of Duchateau factory finished hard wax oiled floors, use all natural Duchateau Maintenance Oil Clear, 1-liter, as directed in the Duchateau Oil Finish Floor Maintenance Document. Duchateau Maintenance Oil Clear, in a 1L (33.8 ounce) can, should be applied periodically to rejuvenate and enrich the surface coat of oil on your floor. This top coat of oil helps to protect the floor from routine wear, spills and floor stains. For white, light and dark color oil-finished wood floors, by Duchateau, use the Clear Maintenance Oil for routine care.
- Stain resistance to wine, coffee, water & more.
- Coverage: 750 square feet per 33.8 oz can.
- Safety Data Sheet - Duchateau Maintenance Oil Clear.
- Drying Time: 12 hours. Optimal hardness after 48 hours.
- Apply to entire floor annually however more frequent applications may be required in commercial facilities, less may be required in residential homes.
- Apply maintenance oil to high traffic areas only when needed due to more frequent wear.
- For use on Duchateau Oil Finish Floors only.
Instructions for Use:
Complete Use Instructions:
- Sweep or vacuum.
- Gently shake and stir the can of Duchateau Maintenance Oil to completely blend wax solids that settle in the oil. Must be well blended for proper application.
- Pour the Maintenance Oil into a clean squeeze bottle or paint tray. This will allow more control over the amount of oil applied. If applying with a cotton cloth or cotton mop pad, squirt a small amount of the oil onto the cloth or pad from squeeze bottle and spread as thin as possible onto the floor. Cloth or pad must be cotton, clean and non-fraying so it will not snag on corners or in textured grain. Use paint pan if applying oil with brush applicator. For best results, spread oil along the grain, wiping off excess as you go. While applying, there should not be any pooling. When applied properly, the floor should have a slight sheen but should not appear wet. Never pour directly from the can on the floor. Do NOT use microfiber mop or cloth.
- Under normal conditions, allow 12 hours dry time before allowing light traffic on the floor. Wait 12-18 hours before replacing furniture and allowing heavy floor traffic. Do not replace area rugs onto oiled floor for 48 hours.
Download and read Duchateau Maintenance Guidelines for Oil finished floors
& read the product label.
For a quick overview:
Reference the Maintenance Oil Clear - Information Page.
Maintenance Oil can be used to refresh small areas of floor as needed or as a spot or stain remover. If maintenance oil alone is not enough to remove the stain, use a non-abrasive scrub pad with maintenance oil, rubbing in direction with the wood grain. Scrub pad is not recommended for white oiled floors as it may remove the white color.
Store container tightly closed in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight. In case of an already opened package, a film could appear on the top layer. The film MUST be removed before using the product.
approx 2 years
Do not use below 16°F.
Special Note for White Oiled Floors:
Annual care for white oiled hardwoods should be done with clear maintenance oil. White oiled wood floors may require Duchateau White Maintenance Oil every few years to refresh the white appearance. White oil must be applied by a experienced floor finishing professional because improper use may damage the floor.