Armstrong S-452 Seal Strong Parts A & B is replaced with Armstrong S-462 Seal Strong Parts A & B
Armstrong S-452 Seal Strong Moisture Mitigation is a solvent-free 2-part epoxy system that creates a moisture barrier between concrete and Armstrong resilient flooring. Suitable for use up to 100% RH. Single-coat application. Use when installing Armstrong Commercial Linoleum Sheet, VCT, BBT, Commercial LVT, Commercial Sheet Vinyl and Commercial Rubber Tiles over high moisture concrete. The A & B Moisture Mitigation System includes A)1.47 gallons resin, and B).96 gallons hardener.
Seal Strong Moisture Mitigation System bonds well to porous concrete subfloor with moisture limits measured per ASTM F-2170 or 25 lbs/1000 sf/ 24 hours per ASTM F-1869. Apply with a 3/8" nap roller or squeegee. Coverage is 290 square feet per unit. Each unit is 2-parts, A and B. Working time is approximately 40 minutes at 65°F. Full cure is achieved in approximately 4 to 6 hours. Armstrong S452 can be installed over Armstrong S-453 Level Strong Self-Leveling Underlayment.Subfloor Requirements & Preparation:
Before applying S-452 Seal Strong, obtain a Moisture Vapor Emission Rate per ASTM F-1869 or a relative humidity of the concrete, using ASTM F-2170. Subfloors must be porous, smooth, sound, clean and free of any contaminants which may hinder adhesion. Test porosity by doing a water drop test following ASTM F-3191. Surface treatments and adhesive residue must be mechanically removed. Where cutback adhesive residue may be present, it is the contractor responsibility to adhere to industry asbestos removal guidelines for safe removal. See Armstrong S-452 Information Sheet
for more details about removing substrate contaminants and about subfloor condition requirements. Shot blasting concrete may or may not be required. Do not use on gypsum-based substrates.Application Overview:
- Thoroughly mix the S-452 Seal Strong resin (part A) with the S-452 Seal Strong hardener (part B) for about 3 minutes using a low speed mixer at approx 150 rpm.
- Apply the Seal Strong Moisture Mitigation mixture evenly across the area, spreading with a squeegee. Allow the mixed S-452 compound to saturate the concrete surface.
- Wait 10-20 minutes then saturate a 3/8" nap roller and begin to back roll to evenly distribute the epoxy film over the surface. Avoid puddling.
- After a dry time of 4-6 hours, check for transfer to touch at 65°F floor temperature.
- When floor is ready, prime with S-455 Prime Strong Non-Porous Primer.
If installing materials over S-452, at more than 24 hours after S-452 Seal Strong application is dry, rough the top surface with suitable machine pad as to NOT affect the moisture mitigation properties of Armstrong S-452.
Proper disposal of leftover moisture mitigation compound is critical because mixed S-452 will generate heat in the mixing container. Pour excess compound onto disposable surfaces at a thickness no greater than 1/4 inch. Dispose of it, in accordance with federal, state and local waste disposal regulations, when fully cured.
- VOC Content is <100 g/L (A+B combined).
- Carefully read and follow all cautions and warnings on product label, information sheet and for complete safety information, refer to the Safety Data Sheets for Armstrong Flooring S-452 Seal Strong Moisture Mitigation System - S-452 Part A SDS & S452 Part B SDS
- Wear protective gloves, clothing, eye and face wear.
- Contains epoxy constituents that may produce an allergic reaction. Take appropriate precautions.
- Clean tools in water immediately after use.
- Shelf life is 18 months unopened. DO NOT FREEZE. NOT freeze-thaw stable.
- S-452 Seal Strong parts A and B are sold together as one unit.
- For professional use only.