Armstrong S-310 Roll Strong Adhesive, in a 4-gallon pail, is roller-applied to the flooring substrate in commercial or residential Armstrong LVT installations where minimal down-time is critical. Floors installed with S310 Adhesive are ready for normal traffic and rolling loads immediately after installation and the adhesive has a fast strong grab yet LVT can be repositioned on adhesive before the floor is rolled with a 100# roller. Armstrong S-310 is moisture resistant on substates with up to 90% RH, and alkali resistant up to an 8-10 pH reading.
- Single-coat roller applied
- Ammonia-free, Solvent-free, Zero VOCs
- Low odor
- Suitable for heavy rolling loads
- Allows for immediate traffic on installed LVT floor
- Also available in a 1-gallon container
Successful bond on all grade levels of concrete, existing resilient floors, ceramic, terrazzo, marble, polymeric poured floors, suspended wood, properly mixed and applied powder underlayment and embossing levelers, primed gypsum, subfloors with radiant heat where surface temperature does not exceed 85°F. Read full S-310 Product Data Sheet for all subfloor requirements and conditions, such as excessive moisture or alkali, that are not conducive with S310 Roll Strong adhesive.
- Coverage is 350 - 400 square feet per gallon.
- Open time until dry to touch, approximately 15 min.
- Working time - approx 4-hours.
- Shelf life - 2 years unopened.
- NOT freeze/thaw stable. DO NOT Freeze. Store indoors between 65°-95°F.
- Clean tools wet with neutral detergent and water or dry with mineral spirits.
- Reference Armstrong S-310 Roll Strong Adhesive SDS for safety information.
- S-310 Product Data Sheet contains additional product details.
- Acclimate the area to be installed, adhesive, and flooring to minimum 65°F (18°C) for 48 hours before, during, and for 48 hours after installation. HVAC must be in operation.
- Subfloor must be smooth, sound, dry, clean, and free of dirt, wax, polish, paint, and all other foreign matter which may interfere in a good bond, including curing agents and sealers.
- Damp mop substrate prior to application.
- Always run a moisture and alkali test over concrete on any grade level or on any other substrate over, on, or below grade concrete. For accurate results, curing agents must be removed in areas where tests will be run.
- Apply S310 Adhesive with a 3/8-inch nap paint roller to a smooth, even, fully spread coating. Spread rate and dry time will depend on the porosity and texture of the substrates, ambient temperature and relative humidity.
- Keep paint roller wet during application. Do not apply pressure to roller, letting it to freely roll over the substrate. ADHESIVE COVERAGE MUST NOT EXCEED 400 sq ft per gallon. Overly absorbent or rough substrates will require two coat application.
- Adhere to label and data sheet instructions for open time and working time. Do not spread more adhesive than can be covered with LVT in 4 hours.
- Install LVT as recommended. LVT planks or tiles can be repositioned as necessary prior to applying pressure. After completion of the installation, roll the entire floor in both directions with 100 lb. roller for a full contact bond.
- Normal traffic and rolling loads may be allowed as soon as the installation, finishing and clean-up are complete.