Armstrong Flooring S-466 Patch Strong, 10 lb bag, is a high performance patching and smoothing compound with quick dry time for installing new Armstrong Commercial or Residential resilient flooring such as LVT, Linoleum, and VCT. Easy to apply with smooth-edge trowel over approved subfloor materials. Zero VOCs. Suitable for use over Armstrong Flooring S-462 Seal Strong moisture mitigation sealer that has been primed with S-465 NP Prime Strong.Use for Patching, Skim Coating and Smoothing On:
- Interior or exterior concrete on any grade level, ceramic tile, quarry tile, porcelain tile
- Interior use on terrazzo and burnished concrete without excessive moisture
- Epoxy coating systems that are primed with Armstrong Flooring S-465 NP Prime Strong
- Gypsum substrates that are double-primed with Armstrong Flooring S-464 Prime Strong
- Covering existing asphaltic cutback adhesive residue over interior concrete
- Armstrong Flooring S-462 Seal Strong moisture remediation that is primed with Armstrong Flooring S-465 NP Prime
- Patching, repairing small voids and skim coating of approved wood underlayments and subfloors
- Patch Strong S-466 replaces S-465
- Product Information Sheet for S-466
- S-466 Safety Data Sheet
- Coverage: Approx 200-250 sf skim coat; Approx 28 square feet at 1/8 inch
- Thickness: Skim coat up to 1"; Up to 1/8-in over wood substrates; Up to 1/4-inch over radiant heated substrates.
- Mixing: 10# bag: 1.75 quarts water -or- 3.25:1 ratio. Do not add additional water.
- Pot Life: 15-20 min at 70°F
- Substrate must be clean and free of dirt, oil, grease, plaster, curing compounds, polish, wax and other foreign matter.
- Substrate must be dry at time of application. Substrate and ambient temperatures must be a minimum of 40°F.
- Preparation and priming will vary depending upon type of substrate.
- Read full Armstrong Flooring Product Information Sheet before use. Contact Armstrong Flooring Technical Support for additional information.
for Armstrong Flooring S466 Patch Strong can range from a skim coat up to 1⁄2 inch for interior installations over large areas, and up to any thickness in a small well-defined area such as a threshold or transition. Exterior applications may be installed at a skim coat over large areas and up to 1⁄4 inch for small well-defined areas. Before applying at desired thickness, initially 'key in' using the flat side of the steel trowel to get a good mechanical bond to the subfloor. Apply up to 1⁄2 inch thick on interior installations. Limit exterior installations to 1⁄4 inch. Before covering with flooring, let underlayment dry for at least 30 minutes when applied as a skim coat. Complete drying time will depend on thickness.