Remove adhesive and gum residue from carpet, LVT and other resilient floors with XL 4200 Cleaner Spray, 32-ounce
. Non-alkaline, non-flammable clear liquid cleaner is effective at removing latex, acrylic and pressure sensitive adhesives from flooring & carpeted surfaces. It is also does an excellent job lifting sticky chewing gum from these types of floors. XL North 4200 Cleaner penetrates and emulsifies adhesive to loosen the bond of these sticky substances for easier removal. Best results are achieved when using XL 4200 at room temperature. Read and follow instructions for use and product label information. Always test a small area first before use in the middle of a floor or carpeted room.
Directions for Use, Spot Remover for Dry Adhesive or Chewing Gum on Carpet & Resilient Floors:
- Test before full use to ensure compatibility with your specific floor or carpet.
- Pick or peel away or otherwise remove as much of the dry adhesive or gum as possible. On carpet or upholstery, avoid grinding the gum or adhesive further into the fibers.
- Spray XL Cleaner 4200 directly onto the spot of adhesive or gum and wet thoroughly. Allow to soak for 5 minutes, then spray again.
- Test the spot with a plastic or wood scraper; again try to scrape the adhesive off the carpet without grinding it into the fibers. Chewing gum will 'pill' or 'ball up' due to the effect of XL Cleaner 4200. Sweep away these residues and continue finer cleaning with a cloth and/or soft brush. Avoid too much scraping or hard brushing as this will fray or damage the fibers.
- After the adhesive or gum is removed, rinse the spot with clean water, and blot dry with a clean towel.