Bamboo is tough and durable, but requires still requires extra guarding against dirt and dust accumulation to perform at its best. Regular sweeping and mopping with the appropriate products is a great way to preserve your bamboo flooring investment for the long-term. 1877FloorGuy is on hand to help you find the best bamboo cleaners, mops and protectors to keep your floors looking brand-new.
The Best Bamboo Floor Cleaners
Bona Professional Series Hardwood Floor Cleaner is by and large one of the most popular and preferred bamboo floor cleaners. This product leaves behind no streaking or dulling residue and may be safely used around people and pets. We recommend the Bona Pro Series Hardwood Floor Spray Mop
, which includes cleaner, the mop and a microfiber mop pad. You can refill using the 1-gallon bottle of Bona Professional Series Cleaner Concentrate
Some bamboo floor manufacturers call out specific performance bamboo floor cleaners by name as part of their cleaning and maintenance instructions. For example, US Floors recommends the use of Bona Professional Series products specifically, and Mannington recommends Woca Soap
for cleaning its True Bamboo Wood Flooring. Be sure to check your floor maker's care instructions to see if they prefer a certain cleaner. Sometimes, using non-recommended cleaners can compromise your floor's warranty. If your floor maker doesn't call out a specific brand, stick with trusted names like Bona.
Steer clear of any steam cleaners for polished bamboo floors, as any type of wet cleaning could damage the surface of the floors. In the same vein, it's important that you always avoid any standing water that could seep into the bamboo and compromise its durability. Additionally, we don't recommend the use of any homemade or DIY floor care solutions. It's best to choose a gentle, professional cleaner that's specifically designed for hardwood floor care. Remember, 1877FloorGuy is a floor care expert, so you can always contact us
if you need further product recommendations.
Step-by-Step Bamboo Floor Cleaning
Bamboo Floor Care Tips
- Prepare the room by removing lighter furniture and opening windows for ventilation.
- Thoroughly sweep to remove surface dirt and dust.
- Clean floor according to the manufacturer's instructions - be sure to dilute if necessary - using a microfiber mop.
- Let floors dry.
- Thoroughly sweep, vacuum or dust mop daily or every other day
- Mop floors with your preferred cleaner weekly
- Only blot spills with a damp cloth; never saturate floors
- Clean up spills immediately
- Use felt furniture floor protectors to prevent scratches and scuffs
- Prevent tracked-in dirt by placing rugs near all exterior entrances