Revitalize worn hardwood floors without the mess of sand and refinish by applying Basic Coatings Hardwood Floor Refinisher GLOSS in just 1-2 coats. Easy to apply with a clean fresh microfiber mop pad. If you have a Basic Coatings mop, use the Basic Coatings replacement mop pads
to fit or get quality generic microfiber mop pads
. Refinisher is a urethane coating that adds glossy shine to old hardwood floors. Wood floor is ready for full use 24 hours after Basic Coatings Refinisher Gloss is applied. Each 32oz bottle of Refinisher Gloss will cover approximately 500 sf per coat.
Refinisher Gloss is NOT for use on
floors that have been previously oiled or waxed. Use separate, new and not previously used, mop pads for cleaning and for applying polish/refinisher. Have several new mop pads on hand before you start work on your floor, large flooring areas will need more mop pads than small wood floor areas. Read full product label, Technical & Safety Data Sheets prior to using product.
Directions for Use:
Test Refinisher in a small, inconspicuous area, prior to full use, to ensure good adhesion and desired results.
- Clear the floor of all furnishings so you have full access to apply Refinisher the complete floor area.
- Vacuum on hard floor setting, or sweep and dust mop to lift all loose dust and dirt from floor.
- Mop floor with Basic Coatings Squeaky Cleaner for wood and laminate floors. Choose from ready to use or concentrated Squeaky cleaner. Repeat cleaning more than once to ensure all dirt is removed from wood floor before applying finish product. For wood floors with heavy build up of dirt, use Basic Coatings IFT Intensive Floor Treatment for hardwood flooring before cleaning with Squeaky wood floor cleaner.
- Gently blend contents of Refinisher bottle before use by rocking it back and forth several times.
- Squirt Refinisher directly onto the floor in a thin line and spread it, with the grain of the wood, in a thin even coat. Repeat this process, working in small sections and smoothing it out across sections to blend evenly.
- Allow floor to dry for 1-2 hours, or until it is dry to touch, before applying second coat, if needed, or allowing light foot traffic on floor. Wait a full 24 hours before replacing furnishing and before allowing full use of the floor.
- After a wood floor is treated with Basic Coatings Refinisher Gloss, clean with water ONLY FOR THE FIRST 2 WEEKS, then clean routinely with Basic Coatings Squeaky Cleaner for hardwood and laminate floor cleaning.
- Frequently sweep, or vacuum on hard floor setting, to lift loose dirt from floor.