Spray pre-treatment cleaner designed to remove dirt, soap scum and hard water deposits from non-epoxy grout joints prior to applying Aqua Mix Grout Colorant. This pre-treatment cleaner lightly etches the surface of the grout so the color application bonds firmly. Aqua Mix Pre-treatment Cleaner also comes with Aqua Mix Grout Colorant in a grout color kit set.
The 8-ounce pump spray should be applied directly to grout lines and will cover between 50 to 300 square feet of grouted joints depending upon the width and porosity of the grout. Use on sanded or un-sanded grout joints but NOT on epoxy grout. Ideal for in-home use to prepare grout on ceramic or porcelain tile floors, walls and counters. It is advisable to test in an less noticeable area, to see if it will harm the tiled surface, especially if being used with natural stone tiles.
Before using, read the bottle label to ensure compatibility with tile and grout types. If the tiled surface was just grouted, let the grout dry completely for ten days or more. Be sure the area is free of debris and loose dirt by sweeping or wiping as appropriate. Keep in mind, as you work, that you only need to prepare the grout lines and not the tiles.
- Work in a manageable area of roughly five square feet. Wet the grout with water then spray the Aqua Mix Pre-Treatment Cleaner directly on the grout lines. Allow the cleaner to sit for one to two minutes.
- Scrub grout joints with a nylon or natural-bristle scrub brush or white nylon scrub pad. Do not allow solution to dry on surface. As much as possible, scrub only the grout and not the tiles.
- Mop or wipe up the dirty solution.
- Rinse the cleaned area thoroughly with fresh water, agitating with white nylon scrub pad or brush to ensure removal of all cleaning agents and acids that could prevent the grout colorant from adhering.
- Completely dry grout with clean, dry absorbent towels, preferably microfiber to reduce lint.
- Continue this process until the entire area is pre-cleaned.
- Allow a minimum of two hours for the grout to dry before starting application of Aqua Mix Grout Colorant.
If you will need to buy the scrub pad, grout colorant and applicator brush, in addition to the pre-treatment cleaner, consider buying the complete Grout Colorant Kit
that includes everything required for refreshing your grout with new color. If you've got the tools required and just need the coloring product, buy Aqua Mix Grout Colorant in 8-ounce bottles.
- Safety Data Sheet for Aqua Mix Grout Colorant Pre-Treatment Cleaner
- Grout Colorant Pre-treatment Cleaner is not recommended on acid sensitive stone & metallic glazes including, but not limited to, natural stones such as marble and limestone.
- Epoxy grout joints require a different preparation. Do not use this pre-treatment cleaner on epoxy grout.