For hardwood floors, fill cracks and joints during sand and refinish with Schutz Xtra Fill mixed with fresh sawdust from floor during sand and refinish jobs for a smooth finished floor. The 1-liter size of Extra Fill will cover up to 200 sf. Mixture dries on the floor in less than 2 hours under normal conditions so it is ready for sanding and finishing quickly. Apply Dr Schutz X-tra Fill mixture before final stain and finish applications. Use on wood floors that have a subfloor. Watch video below for application techniques. Not suitable for elastic assembly (i.e.: board and flooring joists), subfloors, cork flooring and over-wide joints.
Instructions for Use:
Floor must be sanded and free of free of oil, wax, dust, and debris.
- Shake bottle thoroughly.
- Using sanding dust from an edge sander fitted with 60-grit sand paper, mix the fresh sanding dust with X-tra Fill in a clean bucket until it forms a paste to an oatmeal consistency.
- Apply the prepared mixture to the entire wood floor surface area with a flexible spatula, working across the grain in sections. Avoid pooling and puddling of the mixture on the floor. If mixture becomes too thick or dries out during application, add more Xtra Fill and mix well.
- Allow floor to dry for approximately 90 minutes under normal conditions.
- Go back to fill-in missed cracks or gaps in floor.
- Fine sand floor with 100-grit paper after Xtra Fill application is dry. Dry time may vary depending on humidity and temperature.