CasterTire Floor Savers by Expanded Technologies, in a small 10-pack, converts damaging hard plastic casters into soft, quiet floor saving wheels. This package of caster wheel covers is enough to outfit 1 typical caster based chair. 1/2-inch wide flexible vinyl cover shrinks to fit over each chair casters with heat from a hot air gun or a hair dryer. No CasterTile tool required to install, just fit around wheel and shrink with heat to fit tight. Standard hard plastic casters cause scratching and damage to LVT, hardwood and other hard surface flooring. The CasterTire caster cover fits most plastic chair wheels and is made of soft non-marking vinyl recommended to protect all types of floors especially luxury vinyl floors. Caster Tire color is charcoal grey.
- Fits over existing hard plastic caster
- Non-marking caster cover
- Vinyl shrinks to fit around caster
- One size fits 1-3/4" to 2-1/4" diameter plastic casters
To Install CasterTire Chair Wheel Covers:
- Turn chair upside down.
- Place the CasterTire over the exposed part of chair caster. The flange, or sharp edge, on the caster cover should face the outside of the caster, the rounded edge goes to the inside.
- Rotate the wheel 1/2 rotation and stretch the CasterTire on until it is securely in place and centered on wheel.
- Use a heat gun, or hair dryer on high heat, to shrink the CasterTire onto the wheel. Be careful! Do not overheat. Rotate the wheel 1/2 rotation as soon as the cover forms to the chair caster and repeat the process.