| || |
Woca Master Oil, Castle Grey- 1 L
WOCA Color Oil - Castle Gray (Formerly Trip Trap) may be used on all unfininshed, freshly sanded and newly laid wood floors in all wood species. To be used on untreated and lye primed wood such as interior wood floors, wood stairs, wood panels, and wood furniture. The WOCA Color Oil has excellent penetration properties and therefore ensures a hard-wearing, dirt and water resistant surface.
Coverage: 1 liter of oil for every 120 to 180 sq. ft. depending on the wood species.
The unfinished wood should be freshly sanded with grit 100-120. Clean the floor with WOCA Wood Cleaner mixed with 2 gallons of warm water + 6.4 oz. (just over 3/4 cup) of Wood Cleaner. Use the high quality WOCA Swep Mop, which has no loose ends. The wood floor must be completely dry and free from dirt and grease before the WOCA oil application. Recommended moisture maximum 12%. The oiling is made at minimum 18 degree C.
Base Coat Work Instruction:
* Shake WOCA Oil container well before and during use. Choose your starting area and pour oil into a paint tray. Apply the WOCA Oil with a (short-haired) 3/8" nap paint roller and extension pole. Roll the oil as if you are painting the floor. Continue to spread oil until you coat 200-250 sq. ft.. Let the oil sit for 5-10 minutes. This will allow the wood floor to absorb oil into the open pores. During this period, move oil around in the treated area as you notice dry spots. When finished, rest your roller in the paint tray or on the cardboard.
• With a red 3M (or similar colorfast) pad under a 175 rpm buffer, wet buff the oiled area slowly for several minutes. This continues to force oil into open pores. Buff until floor is completely saturated with oil, which means that some excess oil must be visible on the surface when finished. Shut off the buffer in the wet area, remove the wet pad and place it on a piece of cardboard.
• With a squeegee, pull all of the oil off of the treated area and onto the next work area. Walk over the oiled floor and with lint free rags wipe up any standing oil. Wipe along walls, corners and door frames, even if no oil residue is visible. If you have beveled planks or cracks between planks, wipe these also if you see excess oil. To speed up removal of excess oil, consider placing a WOCA Polishing Cloth under a clean pad and use the buffer to remove any residue.
• Place a white 3M (or similar) pad under the buffer. Immediately after removing excess oil from the work area, polish the oiled floor. Make at least two slow passes over the area. Wipe up any oil spots that you see while polishing. When finished, the oiled area should have a silky appearance and no oil residue on top of the floor. If you walk on the oiled area after polishing, buff away your foot prints.
• Repeat the process until the floor is completed. After finishing a room, inspect the floor carefully. If necessary, polish the entire floor once more with a clean white pad.
• When using WOCA Color Oil, allow the oil to pre-harden (dry enough to walk on without leaving foot prints ) for 5 to 6 hours before applying the top coat. When using Color Oil allow 5 to 6 hours when top coating with the same Color Oil or 20 to 24 hours when topcoating with Maintenance Oil Paste. High humidity and cool temperatures may increase the drying time.
+To prevent “bleed back”, wipe up oil between floor boards with gaps or bevels before polishing with the white pad.
+If you must quit the oiling process, pick a logical place to stop. Tape off adjoining planks if necessary before oiling and wipe up any oil that may get on bare wood or you will get a “shiny” spot when you continue the oiling. Never stop in the middle of a floor as you will get overlap marks with different sheen levels.
+When polishing the floor with the white pad, check for “spray” on previously oiled areas. Overlap work areas during the polishing process to remove any “spray” residue.
+Change pads as they become tacky or dirty. You can use both sides.
+Once you get used to the amount of buffer time that is necessary to do a section, increase or decrease the work area to get a rotation going where you do not have any down time.
+You should use 1 liter of oil for every 120 to 180 sq. ft., depending on the wood species.
+It will take a 2-man crew approx. 2 ½ hours of work time per 1,000 sq. ft.
Top Coat Work Instructions:
+Use the same master oil that was used for the base coat.
+If you are working on a previously oiled or factory oiled floor, the floor must be prepped with WOCA Wood Cleaner prior to applying the top coat. (If you are applying the top coat shortly after the base coat has been done, do not re-clean)
+Keep a piece of cardboard handy to rest wet pads and tools on.
+Place oil soaked rags into a bucket of water or in a metal container with a lid, as they can self-ignite!
+Do not walk on the wet oil with sneakers! (If wearing sneakers, put plastic shopping bags over your shoes.)
+Do corners, along walls and door frames by hand.
+Change pads and Polishing Cloths as they become tacky or dirty.
+Work with small amounts of oil until you are comfortable with the procedure.
+Remove the center circle from the buffer pads before use. Keep these to do hand work.
+Shake the oil well before and during use. When using Color Oil, stir and shake well before and during use.
* Place a 175 RPM buffer over a white 3M (or similar) pad with a WOCA Polishing Cloth under the pad in the starting area. Pour a capful of oil onto the floor two or three feet away from the nearest wall.
* Slowly guide the buffer over the oil and start polishing the floor. You should see immediate results. Polish the floor until the oil does not continue to spread as you pass the buffer back and forth across the work area. The finished floor should appear silky with an even look with no spray or oil droplets visible.
* Pour more oil onto the floor as needed and continue polishing. Overlap work areas to ensure an even finish.
* Repeat the process until the floor is finished. For slightly more sheen, polish once more, using only a white pad without the Polishing Cloth. Some floors may be slightly rough after the base coat. You may find it necessary to spread the top coat with the white pad only. If so, afterwards, and before the oil becomes tacky, go over the floor with a Polishing Cloth under the pad to remove any excess oil and to maintain a matte finish.
* The oil will normally pre-harden to allow foot traffic in 5 to 6 hours when using Master Oil. If you expect heavy traffic, cover all or part of the floor, avoiding the use of plastic. Allow the finish to cure for 24 hours, before placing rugs and furniture on the floor.
Note: In the future, when refreshing the top coat, follow these instructions. Master Oil Natural & White will preharden to allow foot traffic in 4 to 5 hours. Furniture may be placed in 5 to 6 hours, rugs in 24 hours. Master color oil will preharden to allow foot traffic in 5 to 6 hours. Furniture may be placed in 6 to 7 hours, rugs in 36 hours.
* Occasionally, a floor may need a second top coat to achieve an even finish. This can be done after pre-hardening.
* With Master Oil Natural and White, allow the oil 36 hours to fully harden before any water or dirt comes into contact with the floor. With Master Color Oil, allow 72 hours. Another technique can be used instead of pouring the oil onto the floor. Pour Master Oil into a clean spray bottle. Because of the high solid content of Master Oil, not all spray nozzles will function properly and you may not be able to use this technique. Mist the oil onto the floor during the polishing process. Be sure to overlap work areas. Be very careful spraying the mist, as you can get oil on walls, woodwork and previously oiled areas. Walk away from the work area from time to time so you can better see the results. You do not want to leave drops of oil on top of the floor as they will harden and will need to be removed.
+Coverage will be 500 to 700 sq. ft. per liter of oil.
+It will take approx. 1 hour per 1,000 sq. ft. per coat per person.
Warning! - Danger
Rags, Pads, or waste soaked with oil may catch fire if improperly discarded. Immediately after use place all rags, pads, or waste in a sealed, water-filled metal container for prompt disposal.
UPC #: 5708055003490
Manufacturer Part Number: 531400A
Customers Also Purchased
Mannington Ultra Clean, 32oz Spray
$13.75, 2/$25.50, 4/$45.00
Bona Professional Series Hardwood Floor Cleaner - 4 oz CONCENTRATE
$6.90, 6/$35.70, 12/$66.00
Mannington Award Series® Rinse-Free Cleaner - 32 oz
$10.75, 2/$17.50, 6/$47.25
Congoleum Bright 'n Easy No-Rinse Cleaner (concentrate), 32 oz
Diversey PROFI Floor Cleaner and Grease Remover (4512759), 1 Gallon
$35.45, 2/$63.82, 4/$119.80
Bona Professional Series Hardwood Floor Cleaner - 32oz Spray WM700051187
Copyright 2000-2013 1877FloorGuy.com All rights reserved.
Woca Master Oil, Castle Grey- 1 L