| || |
Spray-Lock® Wall Tile Adhesive, 22oz
Expedited shipping options are not available for this itemSpray-Lock® Wall Tile Adhesive, 22oz
A versatile water based acrylic blend spray adhesive that provides immediate shear strength during installation (prevents tile sagging). Well-suited for adhering approved wall tile in vertical, commercial and residential applications.
Solvent free, emits no harmful fumes and contains <0.0g/ml VOC content. Uses a safe, non ozone depleting HFC propellent.Allows for grouting within one hour.
Cleans up with water while the adhesive is still wet.
Uses 80% less adhesive than trowel-on adhesives.
Exceeds US EPA Indoor Air Quality Standards for VOCs.
No offensive odors
No need to shut down HVAC in occupied spaceFor Use On:
Spray-Lock WTA adheres approved wall tile onto the following properly prepared smooth substrates:
Dry Wall / Sheet Rock / Plaster sheet
Backer Board / Plywood Sheet
Existing Ceramic Tile
Existing Porcelain Tile
MetalDirections For Use:
Click HERE for printable directions.Coverage:
- Store adhesive at a minimum temperature of 68°F (20° C) for 24 hours prior to installation. Condition wall tiles per manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Wipe hand across surface. If dust transfers, substrate is not clean.
- Ensure substrate, wall tiles and surrounding areas are clean and dust free. Damp-wipe substrate if dust is present. Prime joint compound with latex based primer.
- HVAC must be continuously operated for a minimum of 72 hours at a temperature of no less than 68° F (20° C) prior to installation.
- Protect from overspray with a spray shield, drop cloths, paper or masking.
- Shake aerosol can well. Remove blue safety tab.
- This adhesive is delivered by a low-pressure propellant. Adhesive should spray out in a wide mist and fall similar to snow towards desired surface. Avoid extremely heavy application. Refer to spray pattern photo on product label.
- Hold can upright, approximately 18”-24” inches (46-61 cm) horizontally from the substrate, aim and pull trigger.
- Move can back and forth spraying smoothly and evenly to achieve the results shown in the photo on the reverse side. NOTE: Spraying in a sweeping motion may result an inconsistent spray pattern.
- To ensure optimal spray pattern, remove any adhesive build up that may occur during the application process.
- If overspray occurs, it may be removed with a damp cloth while the adhesive is still wet.
- Allow adhesive to dry until there is no adhesive transfer when lightly touched. High humidity and/or low temperature increases tack time.
- Open time after application is 1 hour. While open, ensure that adhesive is not contaminated by dust.
- Follow wall tile manufacturer’s recommendations for installation. Position wall tile. Ensure tile is properly aligned before application of pressure. Reposition as necessary.
- Use Manufacturer’s Recommendations for grouting. Apply firm pressure to complete the bonding process. Tile may be grouted immediately after installation.
40-50 sq ft of approved tile per 22oz spray can. Coverage rates are a guide and figures will increase or decrease depending on the spraying technique implemented.Safety Data: Spray Lock Wall Tile Adhesive MSDSAdditional Information:
Environmental & Specification Resources for Architects
Tips & Tricks from the Pros
Spray Lock Manufacturer Warranty
Manufacturer Part Number: IL-WTA-22
Frequently Purchased With: